Saturday, February 2, 2013

New Etsy Listings - Variety is the spice...


We had snow a few days ago, and it is almost all melted now. Spring is supposed to arrive early...


According to the groundhog...


We shall see. I am in no hurry for winter to end. I like winter.


I like the crisp air, the clothing, the food...and even the snow. I don't LOVE driving in it, but I love looking at it.


When spring arrives here, it gets very windy. We tolerate the wind, but no one enjoys it. We can't set out flowers until May, since nights get cold and freeze.


But suddenly, after a number of windy days, it gets hot here.



The older I get, the less I enjoy summer and the relentless heat. It sucks the energy right out of me. 


As long as the nights stay cooler, it is tolerable. 


But when the nights don't get cooler than the 80's, it's bad.
For the past two years, we've endured awful droughts and extreme heat.


So for now, I feel blessed to have snow one day, and 60 degree weather with sunshine the next. 


Variety is the spice of life, they say. 

If you see anything you like, please check out my new listings on MY ETSY. 

Word for the Day:
Song of Solomon 4:16
Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.




3 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I like the cooler weather, too! Lots of fun etsy goodies!

Unknown said...

I'm with you on this! Love all your Etsy items.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I generally like the summer time...but the hotter I get the colder I like it!
;)
Like your etsy items...you're really get that thing going again!

I'm going over to check it out. Pat

PS: are we following each other on etsy? I can't remember. I'll check while I'm there!