Thursday, November 3, 2011

Finding Perfect Treasures



Most of us are visually stimulated creatures. We blog, partly because it helps to fulfill our need for beauty. 




We find inspiration in seeing how other bloggers reinvent, repair, paint, arrange, and display the treasures they find in thrift stores and flea markets. 




We are thrilled to find a little piece of history, a lovely patina, an interesting item that is no longer useful, but can be re-purposed. 




We don't mind repairing or painting. We even enjoy the process of adding value and purpose to an object someone else has cast off. 




But sometimes...



We find a lovely object that doesn't need a thing; 



No painting, no sanding, no staining, no stripping, no sewing, no nothin' is needed. It is lovely just the way it is.




And it doesn't cost any more than something we bought that need somethin'.




And sometimes we wonder why. We are amazed that no one else found it first.  But mostly we are thankful that we found something beautiful for a price that was no where near its value.


Word for the Day:


Matthew 13:44


“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."


May you always recognize a treasure when you find it or when it finds you!


-Revi


Linking with:
Tuesday
http://www.knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com/ Knick of Time Tuesday
Friday








13 comments:

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Lovely. Couldn't have said it better myself.

A Mother and A Daughter said...

Revi, you seem to have the sweetest personality! I think you are a treasure! ~ Barbara

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

I'm so glad that so often what I consider "treasure", someone else considered junk, so I was able to get it for a song!

I love all your treasures - but especially the suitcase!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time Interiors
http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love your beautiful treasures. I often think the same thing....why is this still available? Thank you so much for stopping by and for your input on my little drawers.

Ivy and Elephants said...

What beautiful treasures, and a beautiful thought...
inspiring.
Hugs,
Patti

The Feathered Nest said...

This is so wonderfully true sweet girl!!! I think that often when I find an old treasure!! Such a beautiful post ~ hugs and love, Dawn

Elegant Economies said...

I love your suitcase! I featured you in my post and gave you an award. Pop over and get it. Hope you are having an awesome week.
Audrey

d e l i g h t said...

A great post and so similar to how I feel about blogging. There have been times when I get inspired by something I see and go and do it right then! I love seeing what others find and how they use it. And finding something that doesn't need a thing is the best!

Rebecca said...

So true; so true. (Glad to have found you, by the way.)

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Such a lovely post! You have such a dear heart! And, your treasures are perfect. As always, thank you for all the visits and sweet comments @TheDedicatedHouse! It means the world. Hope you're having a grand day. Toodles, Kathryn

time worn interiors said...

One man's junk! I love junk and I love blogging! Have a great day!
tot

Ethereal PLUS what I Love said...

Love finding the perfectly imperfect treasure ... no one wants anymore. In a world we have little control over ... it is nice, when the unexpected thrown your way, can bring a smile to someones face.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Revi, what a great post! You have showcased some great treasures here! I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for sharing!