What I measured today:
- things crossed off a "to-do" list
- things I still need to do
- the number of views of a blog-post
- the number of tenths of a pound lost or gained
- the number of hours before I could leave my day job
I even measure things that haven't happened yet.
- How many hours I will be able to devote to projects
- How many projects I will complete
- How many photos can I take?
- How many Etsy items should I list this weekend?
- How many days before my insurance check is deposited?
- How many roofers should I call?
Sometimes I try to measure intangible things.
- How many days should I wait before calling again?
- How much of my dinner should I eat, and how much should I put in a doggie bag?
- How much time should I allow to prepare a speech?
- How long should it be? How many discussion questions?
Try as I may to live in the moment, the need to measure and quantify things persists. I have always been a list maker.
And as many lists as I make and prioritize, somehow they never seem to work out perfectly. There are things left undone.
And I suppose that's not a bad thing. Having no "to-do" list is something I would not like - at least for an extended period. I'd have to make a new list...to get some new "to-do's."
But I will try not to obsess. I will try to achieve balance. My life is more than projects and white paint. Things will get done when they get done. I will clean my house. I will blog. I will rest. I will have dinner with friends, drink coffee with my aunt, and watch something on Netflix. And if while I watch Netflix, I happen to be painting the 7th small item of the evening, so be it.
Progress is being made...inch by inch, and tenth of a pound by tenth of a pound, and small project by small project.
Word for the Day
“Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements—surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
Possibly Linking with:
Make it Pretty Monday
Mod Mix Monday
Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Inspire Me Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Blissfully White Wednesday
What’s it Wednesday
Thursday Open House Party
Time Travel Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Fabulously Creative Friday
Rustic Restorations Weekend
Saturday Nite Special