Thursday, February 7, 2013

Etsy Listings and Lost Packages



This ceramic planter is so pretty...


Know anyone who needs a tarnished silverplate oil lamp?


A small white vase for a single flower - lovely.


A wooden lidded box, wrapped in leather and basket fibers.


A tiny milk glass vase. 


Salt and pepper shakers with a graphic of a German map.

I'm listing these on Etsy tonight. Today, I found out a package I shipped overseas almost a month ago has still not arrived. I've had no success tracking it via the number on the label I printed via Etsy's postal service. I emailed a customer service link on the USPS.com web site, and am waiting for a reply. 

Have you ever had anything like this happen? I've never had a lost package overseas or domestic before. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for what I might do next.

Word for the Day:
Deuteronomy 22:1-3
“You shall not see your brother's ox or his sheep going astray and ignore them. You shall take them back to your brother. And if he does not live near you and you do not know who he is, you shall bring it home to your house, and it shall stay with you until your brother seeks it. Then you shall restore it to him. And you shall do the same with his donkey or with his garment, or with any lost thing of your brother's, which he loses and you find; you may not ignore it.





6 comments:

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Oh no...it's a real pain when a package is lost. One of my giveaway boxes was lost. The postal service was helpful in locating it, but still it was delivered next door! Crazy. I hope you get some help. I know it's frustrating.
Your box is coming at you~ hopefully finding it's way to you by Saturday.
Your photos are looking so good!
xo, T.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

That first vase is really cute. Sorry to hear about your package. I've never used Etsy's postal service. I go through Paypal or just take it to the post office. I think you're taking the right steps. Hope everything works out.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Oh! well, I'm not sure of the particulars of your situation.
But right at Thanksgiving I had sold an item in my shop...got it ready and sent it out. I SENT it Parcel Post...so it was just getting nudged along at CHRISTMAS! But, I was also sending it to Canada- it seems like it took for ever. I think it took almost 3 weeks. I'm thinking like...17 days or something.
When I inquired at the PO I was told that once it passes out of the USA into Canada--they can't track any longer.
I kept in vigilant contact with the buyer and she assured me, she had bought from the US many times and she was used to it...and kept telling me not to worry about it.
She finally got it. If I hadn't known her through blogging--- I don't think I'd have done it. I hate to miss a sale--but, I also don't need the added aggravation, you know.
So--I probably won't be shipping out of the country anymore-- unless I know them. Plus, I'm so NEW AT THIS!
I hope you get it all sorted out.

-- You do have some neat stuff. I have a diamond cut glass vase like the one pictured above. Only mine isn't milk glass. I've almost gotten rid of it a few times. But...it has held many a small hand full of weeds. So now it is sentimental for me. :)
Pat

farmhouse-story said...

give your package a bit more time, revi. i shipped a package to just canada once and it took 5 weeks!!

Sue at Serendipity said...

It took two months for a package I was shipping to Hong Kong to be delivered after my customer had moved to another country. It was returned to me and I shipped it again to her and it arrived safely much quicker. Our postal service has no control over what foreign countries might or might not do with our packages so I try to keep it "in country" now. Don't give up hope!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Oh, man, that does make for nerve wracking times. I'm amazed at the variety of time it can take for packages to arrive. It's just hard to know when to wait and when to assume a loss. Let's hope yours is just caught up in the typical overseas postal slowdown and will arrive shortly.
Liz