Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hoarding Numbers


As much as I enjoy blogging, I think it contributes a great deal to latent hoarding tendencies.


I have always  been a "keeper" - frugal, and seeing potential in items others pass by.



Last week, I found some vintage brass numbers and new iron numbers on the same day. The iron ones were from Hobby Lobby - marked down to 20c each! The brass ones from the thrift were .49c each. 


Occasionally, I will use a number somehow...but mostly I stick them (and letters, too) in a box...


...where they wait for divine inspiration for some future project. 


Or maybe I'll just keep them in a box...like so many of my other mini-obsessions.


I also hoard letters...but I DO have a project in mind...

You may have seen it before...


I want to do a random font alphabet wall for a grandchild's nursery...



Of course, not all of these will be used on the wall...some are too small. 



They will not have to all be the same size...but they must look good and be readable from some distance. 


I suppose I should dump out my box and put the letters in order...choosing which ones I want to keep and use...


Because I can start being more selective in my letter picking...

But then again, I will most likely have more than one grandchild who might like an alphabet wall.

Like this:
Hey, I found this really awesome Etsy listing at http://www.etsy.com/listing/127740621/painted-alphabet-set-wooden-wall-letter


Or this:
alphabet wall. in dr suess play room

Or this:

Or some version of this sort of thing. 

Meanwhile, I am resisting the urge to rent a storage unit...

Tomorrow night, come share your thrifty things with us!
We're a small, friendly, junk-loving group. 

Thrifty Life Thursday

Word for the Day:
Luke 12:15-21
15 And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” 16 And he told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully, 17 and he thought to himself, ‘What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’ 18 And he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid upfor many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.”’ 20 But God said to him, ‘Fool! This nightyour soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’21 So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”

Possibly Linking With:
Sunday
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Sundays at Home
Tuesday
Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Scoop
Inspire Me Tuesday
Inspiration Exchange Linky Party
Wednesday
What’s it Wednesday
Cottage Style Party
Penny Pinching Party
Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Frugal Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Saturday
Party Junk



5 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

i love the letters in the frames esp--great idea!

must love junk said...

Revi, I share your love of numbers and letters and I hoard them, too! :)
Susan

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

I need to know how many 7's you are hoarding? Fess up.
Great plan for using them!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, this is sooo cool! Now I have to look for some letters, too?! Keep hoarding, this is an amazing project.
Hugs,
Patti

Sweet Woodruff said...

Oh thank you so much for featuring me. I feel honored and blessed. I look forward to seeing what everyone else has shared.