Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Quick Change - White Bedroom - One Afternoon - $0



Yes, I just showed you a reveal of the middle bedroom wearing its winter look on February 10...(to see it, go HERE and HERE.)

It had really been all but finished since November. Now, spring is upon us, and it was time for change.

The pretty dark green velvet shams and patchwork throw do not work for a spring room.




Let me digress just a little bit:  

Have I told you how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE all white and greige rooms?!!! I may have, once or twice.

Changing decor with the seasons is so much fun! 




I must say, though, I have NEVER had so much freedom to change, with so little time and effort before!



A few Saturdays ago, while I was working on changing up the neutral LIVING ROOM for spring, I reached a tipping point.



I walked into the bedroom for some reason (which I KNOW you understand) I decided it was the perfect time to begin taking out the dark green books and decorative items, along with the velvet shams and throw. 



Don't ask me why, in the middle of wrecking the living room and dining room, it seemed like a good time to redo the middle bedroom. It just did.



I packed the dark, wintery decor into a few smallish boxes and tucked them under the bed. 



Since I conveniently had a stash of white things working in the living room, I grabbed some of them and started styling the bedroom; I brought in white books, white flower pots, white plates and white candlesticks. 




I swapped out green artwork in the gallery wall for more neutral items.



It seriously took a little more than an hour to do the bulk of the revision! 



I debated whether to take the two largest art pieces out of the room, but I didn't have anything that worked already, so I left them. 



They are darker, but still quite neutral. 



For a little while, I plan to enjoy this room in its white simplicity... 



...but once summer is near, I will probably bring in aquas or maybe even some pinks and yellows...

For those who enjoy changing things seasonally, a neutral room can be a very good thing.  :) 

Word for the Day:
Isaiah 1:18
“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.


Possibly Linking With:
Sunday
Sunday Show-off Link Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Mod Mix Monday
Masterpiece Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Tuesday
Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Scoop
Inspire Me Tuesday
Inspiration Exchange Linky Party
Wednesday
Blissfully White Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Show Me What Ya Got
What’s it Wednesday
Cottage Style Party
Penny Pinching Party
Thursday
Thrifty Life Thursday
Thrifty Thursday
Under $100 Link Party
Creative Inspirations
Thursday Open House Party
Time Travel Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Furniture Feature Friday
Friday Redoux Link Party
Frugal Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Fabulously Creative Friday
Flaunt it Friday
Friday Favorites
Saturday
Party Junk
Get Schooled Saturday
Show and Tell Saturday

http://thoughtsfromalice.blogspot.com/
Sundays at Home


9 comments:

Julie said...

Revi,
This room looks so comfortable. I love your spring additions of birds, butterflies, birdhouses, etc. And I think the artwork adds just the right contrast. I am a huge fan of neutrals that can be tweaked with the seasons :)

Locksley Lane said...

Love the neutrals! So pretty.


paula
locksley lane

Donna Wilkes said...

Yes, I have a scatter sense when redecorating for the seasons. I move from room to room trying to decide just what works where. Love the neutrals in the room. The wall of whites is spectacular. I could sleep for hours in here!

Audrey said...

Love it Revi ... When the mood strikes, you just have to drop everything and do it! It works out easier than struggling with decorating that does just not feel right. Love bird houses and you have some really nice ones.
Blessings,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Romantic Country Living said...

This is beautiful! I love white, so timeless. I found your blog through the frugal friday link up, and I'd have to say zero dollars is pretty frugal!! :) It looks great! ~Olivia @ Romantic Country Living

Tarnished Royalty said...

You're right, white is the perfect backdrop. You're room looks absolutely gorgeous! ~Ann

Cecilia said...

Oh Revi, it's beautiful! Love all the birdhouses and of course, the whites!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Beautiful as usual Revi! You are one of those people that master white so wonderfully! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Jaybird said...

This is lovely, and boy do I EVER understand being in the middle of one room and completely redoing another :^)
I linked to your blog today and I'm reading backward....you are speaking my language! If you are like me, everything has to be done by next weekend, so the house looks like a bomb went off in it ....oops!
Blessings to you,
J