Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Found Treasures from the Abyss and Elsewhere


I found some pretty cool stuff I had completely forgotten in my recent garage-cleaning adventure. I have a pretty good memory most of the time, but I honestly can't remember some of the junk I had stuck out there. I must have liked it, and I still do, which is great!

The piece above is not from MY garage, but Julie's garage sale a while back. It looked like this:



It was destined to get a coat of white faux chalk paint. 



It's solid wood and has great details...I don't have a clue where it will end up yet! For the time being, it's on the table in the front window.

From MY garage, I was excited to find more game pieces to go with my others. In addition to more scrabble tiles, I found the cutest little ivory dominoes! See them next to the tiny bone dice? I love them. 


Then there was this cute little Niloak pitcher - it's about the size of a coffee cup. 


It's probably going to Etsy...


There is another little white pitcher that will probably be listed as well. I found lots of Etsy-bound stuff out there!


I can't wait to get my art room functional, so I can begin to list some of it! I plan to have an Etsy station in there - as well as a photo area. I'll show you when it's a bit more presentable. It's the BIGGEST mess right at this moment.

Word for the Day:
Matthew 13:44-46

44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, 46 who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

Possibly Linking With

Sunday

Sunday Show-off Link Party
Sunday Showcase Party
Monday

Masterpiece Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Mod Mix Monday
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Scoop
The Scoop
Inspire Me Tuesday
Inspiration Exchange Linky Party
Wednesday

Wow Us Wednesday
Blissfully White Wednesday
What’s it Wednesday
Cottage Style Party
What We Accomplished Wednesday
Thursday

Thursday Open House Party
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Frugal Friday
Fabulously Creative Friday
Rustic Restorations Weekend
What’s Shakin’ Link Party
Weekend
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday

15 comments:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I like the "Etsy Station" idea. I am currently cleaning out our shed to get out for our garage sale :)

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

You and I are on different planes of existence!
You are getting your house in order and getting your etsy shop/office shaped up...after your son and dog moved out.
Me? My oldest just moved back in...long story, and all of my stuff is piled on top of itself...in one big mess!
Love both the little pitchers...have fun with your stuff!
Pat

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You really do have some neat treasures. The pitchers are such lovely shapes and patterns and the wood piece is stunning painted white. I love architectural type pieces. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Vickie @ makingoursustainablelife.com said...

Nice! We affectionately call that space between the cushions of the couch (and underneath) the abyss! No telling what you will find there - but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be treasures like yours! Love those tiny dice!

Anne said...

Love that first piece much prettier painted too! Oh those ivory domino's wow what a find!
xx
Anne

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

I hardly recognize your painted found treasure! YOu know I love your collection of game pieces- those baby dominoes are so great!

must love junk said...

That's so fun to find forgotten treasures! I love your little game pieces in a bowl-so cute!!
Susan

Unknown said...

Beautiful treasures! Love the wood piece. So pretty painted white!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Love the architectural piece painted white! I just set up an etsy shipping cabinet around the corner from my craft room. It's so nice to have it all organized. Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

Hugs,
Deborah

Marsha said...

The wooden piece looks nice. I've never heard of niloak. Cute pitcher.

thistlewoodfarm said...

I love all your finds and that wood piece is amazing! You have such a knack for finding treasures!

Happy day to you!
karianne

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi revi,
I need to let up that widget link that allows notification my email, I have to go in and check that out.
I am going to add you to my blog sidebar of inspiration, maybe in the mean time if you add me to your bloggers of inspiration it would remind both of us to visit way more often :)

Thank you for adding your grace and beauty to my comments, you truly add joy to my heart in your visits.

See you soon Revi
Xox
Blessings

Doré

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the bowl of game pieces!

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love your vintage game pieces, they look fabulous en mass! Now I want some, Oh,No! Another collection?!
See what you've done!
Hugs,
Patti

thistlewoodfarm said...

Such neat and unusual pieces!!

Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!!