Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Blessed Shall Be Your Basket...


Often, when I'm out bargain-hunting, things seem to come in batches. 


I am not just talking about finding an instant collection of some cool thing because someone decided they were over it, but finding the same kind of thing at different places within a relatively short time span.


Such was the case with baskets. I had found the ones above last year, in natural, and recently painted them in faux chalk paint. 


I really like the fasteners.

A few weeks ago, I found this basket. It was a similar weave.


I painted it in ASCP French Linen. It has one coat above. 


I added a touch-up coat in better light after noticing all the places I had missed while painting in a room illuminated by Netflix...


But you get the idea. Just imagine a watered down coat filling in the bare places. 

Within the week, I found this basket. It's made of a different material, but it was already painted white. I know it will come in handy for storage somewhere! 


As much as I enjoy painting things, I love it when I find something that is perfect just as I find it.


Noticing a collection of white baskets accumulating made me decide to grab one I already owned. It was natural, with a palm tree patterned fabric liner. I had decided to put it in with garage sale items.


Faux chalk paint transformed it. I think I'll try one of those Frenchy graphics transfer techniques on it - I've been planning to try one, and this basket is the perfect candidate!


Now, to find the perfect one...

I have used this basket before in my guest room, putting guest towels and wash cloths on it. I think I would like to keep it for the same purpose, so maybe a nice soap graphic or something would be a good choice.


I think this one from the Graphics Fairy would work...but in black and white.

This one is nice as well...also from the Graphics Fairy.


Graphics fairy also has 12 easy transfer methods on her site.
I should be able to find one that works!

Word for the Day:
Deuteronomy 28:5
Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.

Linking With

Sunday

Thrifty Treasures
Sunday Show-off Link Party
Monday

Masterpiece Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Mod Mix Monday
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Scoop
The Scoop
Inspire Me Tuesday
Wednesday

Wow Us Wednesday
Blissfully White Wednesday
What’s it Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wed
Cottage Style Party
Thursday

Thursday Open House Party
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Frugal Friday
Fabulously Creative Friday
Rustic Restorations Weekend
Weekend
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday

7 comments:

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

I thought of you when I was going through my MIL's things last weekend. She collected baskets of all sorts. There are so many. You've inspired me to bring a few home and get creative!

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

Great looking baskets! I have a stash of them just waiting to be transformed with a little paint.

bj said...

Love love your baskets...a woman can never have too many pretty baskets.:)

Texas girl...do u live close to Lubbock? I just got an email from a blogger that lives in Amarillo...

Trisha said...

Beautiful baskets, and yes God supplies our every need according to His riches in glory. You needed some matching baskets to pretty up, and He supplied them. I love how He works things for good, to those that love Him.
Blessings, Trisha

must love junk said...

That always happens to me, too! I love your 'new' collection! :)
Susan

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

I love those two baskets painted (the one bigger and the other smaller). I got one of those recently but was afraid I'd wreck it if I painted it. Yours looks so soft and sweet in white. I need to pick out a graphic for something too, but it takes me forever! Good luck deciding!
Liz

Art and Sand said...

I have been so busy with the last weeks of school that I have had no time to blog. Finally tonight, I have some time to catch up and I am getting such great ideas from everyone.

I think I need to go out this weekend to find some white baskets and sets of galvanized pails I saw on another blog.