Saturday, October 13, 2012

More Changes - Gallery Walls, etc.


Recently, I have revealed some small
changes and tweaks in my living room.

Some are seasonal changes,
some are tweaks of things that were
just not quite right. Some are 
for incorporating new thrifty finds. 

The gallery wall above my sofa has grown!
That is one of my favorite qualities of gallery walls...
they can grow and evolve with us!

Here it is before:

Now, the empty space has been filled in. 
Some things have been moved around a bit. 
Some things have been painted.

Here it is during my change-fest on Saturday:

Since this photo was taken, 
the wall has been tweaked again.

I plan to add even more, so it can 
be more organic and crawl up the wall 
over the doorway into the dining room...

And I need to level everything. 
It's a bit wonky in places!
With so many non-square items, it becomes
difficult to see straight - LITERALLY!

The little gallery wall below is at my front door.
There are mirrors and small objects there...



...every one of them from thrift stores or
garage sales for a couple of dollars or less.


I tweaked it a bit - here's the before:

French Linen ASCP was dry brushed on a 
few of the items to soften them. 

Here are the gilded coat of arms plaques 
before a little French Linen was applied:

See how much better they
look with some greige paint on them?


Ditto for the French Lady... 

Another small mirror was added to 
improve the composition.

The white box under the mail drop was
changed to another white box.

Then Saturday, it was changed to a
lovely old wood drawer.
I bought it 8 years ago at a garage
sale for $5 - which was a bit pricey,
but that alligator finish just grabbed me.


Next to the drawer is my childhood Bible,
open to Psalm 91 - a Psalm of protection.
A pair of vintage eyeglasses from a 
family member rests on the iron stand.

An iron cross, dry brushed with ASCP French Linen,
sits on the English dresser in front of the Bible.

(The copper bird has flown to the next table
 in front of the window since this photo was taken!)

My exuberant grand dog has already done
her thing to my recently painted wall. 

When I painted, I knew she would. But, I have lots of drywall
compound and paint waiting for the day she moves.


And that's when the ugly plaid sofa will finally get 
it's drop cloth slip covers as well. Until then, 
recovering it would only be practice...
which may not be a bad thing, really.

We all know what they say about practice!

Word for the Day:

1 Timothy 4:14-16

14 Do not neglect the gift you have, which was given you by prophecy when the council of elders laid their hands on you.15 Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress. 16 Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Linking With

Sunday

Sunday’s Best
Creative Bloggers Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Thrifty Treasures
Monday

Metamorphosis Monday
Mod Mix Monday
Masterpiece Monday
Manic Monday
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
Cowgirl Up!
Cowgirl Up!
All Star Block Party
Tuesday’s Treasures
Twice Owned Tuesday
Wednesday

Share the Love Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wed
Wow Us Wednesday
Penny Pinching Party
Thursday

Under $100 Link Party
All Star Block Party
Transformation Thursday

Thursday Open House Party
Share Awesomeness Thursday
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Live Laugh Linky
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Friday
Friday Redoux Link Party
Frugal Friday
Inspiration Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Free For All Friday
Rustic Restorations Weekend
Air Your Laundry
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday





4 comments:

Iris said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

momto8blog said...

your wall is fabulous!! what a sight for the eye and a definite conversation starter. love it!!
I am your newer follower..pls follow back if you can.

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Your gallery wall is so dramatic now. Love the vastness of it and all the cool stuff you have displayed.
Liz

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! You are pro! I love them all! I suck at gallery walls but I love them so much! Wish you could come decorate my walls! Great job!