Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Funky Finds and OK Delays


Balls. 
Or maybe spheres.
That sounds better...does it not?

I found three of them at another of
my friend Julie's garage sales.

She has them frequently to finance
mission trips. She's not sure where
she is going yet, but she's saving up
to see where God will send her next.

The largest of the three is resin, but it's cool. 
I'll probably paint it. Of course I will.


The other two are natural stone
and metal. Those are NOT being painted.


I love them. So I'm keeping them.
They look good with my chippy croquet balls.

This WILL get painted. It's a solid wood,
heavily-carved pedestal. Cool, huh?


At first I didn't know what these were...


Then I saw the backs.


They support a shelf! Brass is back. 
All the cool people say so.

I may save these for Hannah's house...if she wants them.
She's cool. 


 I also have some other cool brass things.
If Hannah doesn't want them, I'll put them on Etsy.

I don't think people around here know 
brass is cool again. But it is.

Just ask Emily Henderson.

I see it all the time for cheap prices.
But I rarely buy it.

I thought this thing is cool, so I bought it.
Now, I'm asking myself why...?
It's a hanging scale...without a pan.
But, I might be able to get one...(googling now)


I DO love Google. I found some pans for it HERE.
There are actually three types of pans available!
They are all pretty pricey. 

It will probably be cleaned up a bit and listed on Etsy.
Without a pan. Maybe someone else out there
has a pan and no scale! 

Here's the thing:
I don't consider myself to be cool. 
I just know what I like. 

I like some cool stuff.
Other cool stuff I don't care for.
And some cool stuff, I'm tired of.

Thank you, blogdom, and Pinterest.
You have saved me a lot of work by helping
me get tired of certain things before
I ever got around to doing them.

I sincerely appreciate that work-saving
and money-saving benefit!


Maybe at least sometimes 

procrastination is a good thing.


Word for the Day:
Ecclesiastes 5:4
When you make a vow to God, 
do not delay in fulfilling it. 
He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow.

Linking With

Sunday

Sunday’s Best
Creative Bloggers Party Hop
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Monday

Metamorphosis Monday
Masterpiece Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
Cowgirl Up!
Cowgirl Up!
Wednesday

Wow Us Wednesday
What’s it Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wed
Thursday

Under $100 Link Party
Share Awesomeness Thursday
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Doin’ It Yourself
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Friday
Frugal Friday
Inspiration Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Rustic Restorations Weekend
Frugalicious Friday
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday




6 comments:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

as usual you found some cool stuff! I agree with you...I know what I like! And if some people don't, well...I live in my house, so I make the rules :)

outjunking said...

I just can't believe you would not want to keep that gorgeous metal somewhat rusty scale. You know it is right up my alley. I see you have been shopping I checked out your online shop. Nice!

Art and Sand said...

I too love balls and from now on I will use your preferable term of spheres.

Love the scale- I also have a thing for circular things.

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

I bet you have something to use with that cool scale, Revi.
You'll find it. :)

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Oh cool stuff. the balls look neat together and that pedastal will be neat painted out. The scale is awesome! I say it's cool with or without a pan. You could put a basket on there I guess.
love it. Pat

Tammy said...

OOohhh I really like the scale even without the pan! You find neat stuff--even if you don't want to keep it all :) Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend.