Monday, August 6, 2012

Old White Annie Sloan Chalk Painting Continues...


In my quest for a light, neutral environment,
I'm painting often. As much as I've painted
in this past year, it never ceases to amaze
and please me when I see the effects of a 
coat of fresh paint on an object - large or small. 

My oldest son, Ethan, gave me this little 
metal rose candle holder when he was a boy.


It is one of those items I will keep forever.
But I had it tucked away in my garage.


Until I thought of painting it with ASCP.


Now, I love it even more. And I am excited
about finding the right place to put it.

I bought this piece last year, but only now 
have I gotten around to painting it. 


Here is what it looked like before:


And here it is after a coat of ASCP Old White:




This piece is crying out for some embellishment!


And plain Jane that I am, I can surely
commit to a trendy treatment for this
small cabinet. I'd like to try a transfer.

I sort of messed up on this piece...
I should have painted it another
color first - or primed it with gray.


Because when I distressed it, of course
the blue came through. No bare wood, just blue.


I think this one is going to get a 
touch up coat of ASCP to cover
the blue. It's just not my thing.


These signs were tweaked with ASCP trim. 
It's a subtle change, but better.

Before:
After: (bad photo, but see the white border)
Before:

After: (Ditto.)
Before:
After:

Sorry about the bad photos. Light was fading 
and night was coming. The end of a productive day...

Word for the Day:
Lamentations 3:22-23
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; 
his mercies never come to an end; 
they are new every morning
great is your faithfulness. 

Potentially Linking With:

Sunday

Sunday’s Best
Creative Bloggers Party Hop
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Restyled Sundays
Sister Sunday
Just something I whipped up
Creative Me Link Up
Monday

Metamorphosis Monday
Mod Mix Monday
Making the World Cuter Monday
Motivate Me Monday 
Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Revival Monday
Masterpiece Monday
The More the Merrier Monday
Manic Monday
Just a party with my peeps!
Make it Pretty Monday
Chalk Paint Link Party
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
Cowgirl Up!
Cowgirl Up!
All Star Block Party
Tuesday’s Treasures
Be Inspired
Twice Owned Tuesday
Market Your Biz
Wednesday

White Wednesday
Share the Love Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wed
Piece of Work Wednesday
Restored it Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Penny Pinching Party
What’s it Wednesday


Show Me What Ya Got
Thursday

Under $100 Link Party
Transformation Thursday

Thursday Open House Party
Share Awesomeness Thursday
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Live Laugh Linky
Doin’ It Yourself
Thursday Favorite Things
Suzy's House Party
thrift’n on a thursday
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Friday
Furniture Feature Friday
Friday Redoux Link Party
Frugal Friday
Frugalicious Friday
Furniture Friday
Inspiration Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Free For All Friday
Spread the Love
Rustic Restorations Weekend
Air Your Laundry
Fridays on Remodelaholic
Delicately Constructed Friday
Flaunt it Friday
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday
Show & Tell Saturday
Show and Tell Saturday

5 comments:

Simply Simplisticated said...

Im with ya sister! Im on a white quest myself lately and I have Many pieces to be done:) I love your work!Stop by sometime!

Tami Von Zalez said...

I like that shelf with just a touch of blue showing.

Popped in from Time Travel Thursday.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Ivy and Elephants said...

You are a chalk paint genius. Awesome job!

Paula

Heaven's Walk said...

Beautiful job on all of your projects! There's nothing out there that a little ASCP can't fix! :)

xoxo laurie

Stacey said...

Very pretty pieces...old white is an awesome paint - I agree!
Thank you for sharing this week at the Creative Inspirations party at Embracing Change!
Stacey :o)