Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thrifty Finds - Last Week of June 2012


A sweet little 3 drawer chest. I splurged
and paid $20 for it, since I had hoped to find something
like it. I'd love to paint it like this
amazing piece I spied on Little Emma English Home:


The top has issues, but that won't matter a bit 
with the treatment I'll be giving it!
As much as I love the chippy blues...I'm 
wondering if neutrals are a better choice for me.


How about a solid wood paneled door
for only ten bucks? 
It's white, and needs a little distressing. 
Is that the opposite of TLC? Poor door.
I have no idea where it will end up.


I didn't get out much, so no small things this week.
(Well, unless you count the two electric fans I bought
at the garage sale across the street. No, they weren't
the cute vintage kind. STRICTLY utilitarian.)

I DID stay home and work on pulling items for my own garage sale!

Ideas for the door are welcome!

Word for the Day:

John 10:9
I am the door. If anyone enters by me, 
he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.

Linking With

Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
Twice Owned Tuesday
Wednesday

Piece of Work Wednesday
Penny Pinching Party
Would You Buy It Wednesday
Thursday

Thrifty Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things
thrift’n on a thursday
Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Live Laugh Linky
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Furniture Feature Friday
Furniture Friday
Inspiration Friday
Flaunt it Friday
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday





8 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

what a sweet little chest, revi! and doors like that come in handy for so many different projects--i know it will find a great purpose for you:)

ANNE said...

I Adore that chest!! What a great find, can't wait to see what you do to it!!

Anne said...

Revi,
Can't wait to see your newest find all painted up.I know it will look beautiful! I love that door too.I am in search of some new-vintage doors.
((((Hugs))))
Anne

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Love the little chest of drawers. Can't wait to see it after you've worked your magic fingers.

Curious as to what will become of the door.
Pat

fiona anderson said...

Love your little chest, and what amazing inspiration.
Don't know about the door, but seeing the comment above - Lynn's blog is definitely the place for ideas where doors are concerned !!

outjunking said...

I am so glad you splurged that chest is a winner for sure in any color. Today I was rubbing on a table falling in love when low and behold it was a door first turned table. You have just been on a roll here lately. Have a great 4th!

Michele said...

Hi Revi ~~~ The 3 drawer chest is super cute and the piece you found at Little Emma English Home is so unique ~ I really like the colors. It will be fun seeing how you transform the one you bought.

Blessings to you on this 4th of July.

Sincerely,
Michele

Marsha said...

I like the little chest. Can't wait to see it after its "treatment."