Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Summer Mantel Redo in Less Than 24 Hours!.

...with a little encouragement from blog friends!



I was listening. 
When I asked for your input, I meant it.


And I appreciate your wise counsel.


Because, aside from being kind, you're smart.
And you have great style.

And those are the best kind of people to hang with!

You advised me to paint these candlesticks, but not the frame...


So I painted the candlesticks, and only painted a LITTLE on the frame.


Because I have this new thing of ASCP, and my brush was wet,
and I thought that detail would look great with a little dry brush...
But I didn't get rid of the natural shabbiness. Not a bit.

And I like the whole thing a lot better!


And I addressed the situation of the topiary on steroids...


Seriously. You couldn't even see the stick. But YOU were so nice about it!
So instead of feeling deflated and discouraged,


I felt equipped and encouraged! That's always a good thing.
And even though it's still not perfect, It's better than yesterday.

So I wanted to show you. And I wanted to thank you.
Your critiques and encouragement mean so much to me.


Because you  speak the truth in love.


Can you see the changes in my summer mantel?

Morning:


Evening:


Word for the Day:

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another 
and build oneanother up, just as you are doing.


Linking With

Sunday

Sunday’s Best
Creative Bloggers Party Hop
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Restyled Sundays
Sister Sunday
Just something I whipped up
Creative Me Link Up
Monday

Metamorphosis Monday
Making the World Cuter Monday
Motivate Me Monday 
Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Just a party with my peeps!
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
Be Inspired
Twice Owned Tuesday
Wednesday

White Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wed
Wow Us Wednesday
Penny Pinching Party
What’s it Wednesday
Would You Buy It Wednesday
Show Me What Ya Got
Thursday

Under $100 Link Party
Suzy's House Party
Transformation Thursday
Share Awesomeness Thursday
Thrifty Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
thrift’n on a thursday
Home and Garden Thursday
Doin’ It Yourself
Share Your Cup Thursday
Live Laugh Linky
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Fridays on Remodelaholic
Friday Redoux Link Party
Frugal Friday
Frugalicious Friday
Inspiration Friday
Flaunt it Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Free For All Friday
Spread the Love
Rustic Restorations Weekend
Delicately Constructed Friday
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday
Show and Tell Saturday

14 comments:

Number Fifty-Three said...

Beautiful! I love all the texture, muted color and interesting items. It looks great.

Angela

Anne said...

Revi,
Looks so pretty and chic!Love the changes.
(((Hugs)))
Anne

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Pretty twice!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

YES! I love what you did. The frame stands out much better with that border highlighted. You are so smart, on the ball and moving! Did you buy the paint online or find it somewhere nearby? I can't remember if you told us. Were you thrilled with it? The candlesticks look great painted!
Liz

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I love everything. You have such a way... I think now that the Topiary got a *new do*... the bird cage stands out more. No longer hidden.

love it, and I know you do too, Pat

Kirstin Joy @ Burlap and Buttons said...

This is gorgeous! Love your style! I'm a huge fan of vintage birdcages too. Thanks for your sweet comment on my bedroom makeover at Burlap and Buttons. So sweet! I'm following along with you now too!

Unknown said...

Your mantel looks just gorgeous - I layer frames and mirrors also!
Your newest follower - would love to have you visit and follow back!
Hugs,
Suzan

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love it both ways. Gorgeous. The frames are stunning and the candles are perfect. Hugs, Marty

Tammy said...

Your mantle is so beautiful! I really like those candlesticks painted and I am glad you added a touch of white to the frame too! Thank you so much for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

Pieced Pastimes said...

Your mantel redo turned out lovely. My favorite change is the splashes of white that you added to the frame. It's amazing how the little things really do make such a difference!

Naptime Review said...

The mantel looks great! Can you come to my house. LOL! I also love how you showed everyone you are linking up with. I hate that I don't post it but I am a blog hop junkie and I am everywhere everyday. I like your list!

Just found you from Moitivate Monday. Love for you to stop by and return the follow. I am following GFC.

I am hosting Mom's Monday Mingle. YOu are welcome to link up ;) We have over 150 mom blogs so far!
www.thenaptimereview.com

chateau chic said...

Your mantel is beautiful. The changes you made make it look like it was styled by a professional. Love, Love it!!
Mary Alice

Anonymous said...

Beautiful mantel!
(found you on the Blog Hop-new follower!)
rusticanthology.blogspot.com

Marsha said...

I like your mantel! The tiles around the fireplace are pretty.