Saturday, October 20, 2012

Going Greige...


Annie Sloan Chalk Paint French Linen
is the perfect shade of greige.


French Linen is a good way to paint over
dated or damaged gold items...full strength
or thinned to allow the gold to shine through.


I painted this plaster sconce,
a recipe card box from my friend Mary Gill.
It was yellow, and due for an update.


This recent thrift store find is pretty as is...


...but it has some damaged areas.


I love detail like this!


It has received a coat of French Linen...


...but I am not sure if it is quite right yet.
I will probably tweak it with white.


I've had this wall shelf for a while.
I bought it for two dollars at a thrift store.
I'm not sure where it will end up, 
but for now, it has a coat of French Linen.


When I start painting, 
sometimes it's hard to stop! 
But, I am preparing for a garage sale...
painting must wait for now.

Word for the Day:
Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and 

take heart and wait for the LORD.

Linking With

Sunday

Sunday’s Best
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Restyled Sundays
Monday

Mod Mix Monday
Masterpiece Monday
The More the Merrier Monday
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
Tuesday’s Treasures
Be Inspired
Twice Owned Tuesday
Wednesday

Share the Love Wednesday
Penny Pinching Party
What’s it Wednesday
Show Me What Ya Got
Thursday

Suzy's House Party
Thrifty Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Inspiration Friday
Flaunt it Friday
Free For All Friday
Spread the Love
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday



6 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

yes! I want to be painting. Had an unexpectedly hectic week and was not well today...hopefully this weekend I'll get some paint on my paneling!

I've also got some other things to be painting. Hope you have a great sale!
Pat

Unknown said...

Looks like a great color! I love painting small items too! Not too good on larger ones. Have a fab weekend!

Woodside Park said...

Wonderful transformations, Revi! As you know I love these color palettes. I just added your link again, and it seems fine. So glad. I had removed the first link when it wasn't updating properly. Having the same problem with another blog....not sure why. Good luck with the garage sale. Anything for me??
xo
Loi

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Oh, to be painting...sounds fun, especially on some sweet little projects like these. Good eye. They are all so attractive in their new French Linen.
Liz

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Love all your finds and with the beautiful linen grey. I wonder if this would be a good color to paint a master bedroom in. It's probably not a blue grey? I really love the large medallion and a little white would add some more dept!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Totally gorgeous. I love both of these, and I am loving the color. I just painted a mirror that started out the same brassy gold, but now it's white. I am moving toward painting things gray though.