Monday, October 22, 2012

Neutral Fall Mantel - Take 3!


Any minute now, I may actually finish my fall mantel.
I promise. I think it's complete - finally.

I wanted to add some "life" to it - with green stuff.
So, that ended up coming in the form of moss balls.


I made two of them myself - with foam balls
from Dollar Tree, and chartreuse reindeer moss 
from Hobby Lobby. I attached it with hot glue.


They were a bit unruly until I tamed them a bit 
by wrapping wire around them.


The wire is actually used for jewelry.


This little project was really easy.
I stuck my little moss balls on top of two
shabby white wood candlesticks and called it good.


I also added a couple of wasp nests into the mix.
They just amaze me - they are a form of paper!
These are years old, and still very strong.




I can't promise I won't tweak again...
but since this mantel is fairly full with
some of my favorite fall elements, 
I don't expect many changes to happen here.


Here's the first mantel:

The second mantel:

And the third mantel again:

You know what they say...
the third time is a charm.

Word for the Day:
1 Corinthians 15:4...that he was buried, 
that he was raised on the third day 
according to the Scriptures,...

Possibly Linking With:
Monday

Metamorphosis Monday
Masterpiece Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
Cowgirl Up!
Cowgirl Up!
Wednesday

Wow Us Wednesday
What’s it Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wed
Thursday

Under $100 Link Party
Share Awesomeness Thursday
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Doin’ It Yourself
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Friday
Frugal Friday
Inspiration Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Rustic Restorations Weekend
Frugalicious Friday
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday


7 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

You've gone Mantle Mad!
I love the last one. I like the little moss topiary/candlestick!

I also STILL LOVE THAT CHAIR!

...thanks for the encouragement over here! Still moving at a 'turtle' setting. Waiting on a wild hare!

Pat

Anne said...

I love them all but I will say yes the third time is a charm! LOVE all the touches!
xx
Anne

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

I love what you did, and I am the same way, constantly tweaking it...so much fun, and it never gets old!

I started a new Blog called The Pink Geranium, and would love for you to come visit, comment and please follow, I am feeling alone :)

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

that i such a neat idea. Love the wasp nest...but not the wasps :)

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Mantle mad- I love it! We all know that the tweaking never ends. What would be the fun in that? ;)

Marti @ SewLicious Home Decor said...

I love this, this is very creative! I have a SHOW-case Craft Showcase going on this weekend if you would like to be a part of! :)

http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2012/10/show-licious-craft-showcase-5.html

Tammy said...

A lovely Mantle! Love the wasp's nest! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend.