Sunday, October 14, 2012

Box of Three


This plain wooden box may not 
look like much to you...


...but for years it has held some very
sweet memories - the sweetest in my life.

Here is a photo of it yesterday morning...



And then last night I spiffed it up 
in a meaningful way. Number 3.


Three is the number of children
I have been blessed with.

This plain little wooden box
bought years ago in a thrift store
for a couple of dollars...



...holds photos of the events
surrounding their births.

Me - out to HERE in a hospital gown.
Each one of my sweet loves
at their tiniest - in the hospital nursery
with tiny blackened soles of feet, 
or in a little white coming home outfit.

There are photos of smiling family 
and friends holding each one, 
a little white with pink birthday cake,
and small siblings carefully 
holding their newest ally.

This past June, it was on the 
right side of the top shelf.
Plain. When I bought it, it
was raw oak. I painted it black.
Then I painted it white. It was
years ago. I've done nothing
else to it until yesterday.


I love this box of three.
The outside is fine, but mostly,
I love what is kept inside the box.

It has been my tradition
to look at the photos on 
each child's birthday.

I remember. 
I thank God... 
for letting me be their mother.

Word for the Day:
Philippians 1:2-3
Grace and peace to you 
from God our Father 
and the Lord Jesus Christ.
I thank my God every time I remember you. 


Linking With

Sunday

Sunday’s Best
Creative Bloggers Party Hop
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Monday

Metamorphosis Monday
Masterpiece Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
Cowgirl Up!
Cowgirl Up!
Wednesday

Wow Us Wednesday
What’s it Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wed
Thursday

Under $100 Link Party
Share Awesomeness Thursday
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Doin’ It Yourself
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Friday
Frugal Friday
Inspiration Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Rustic Restorations Weekend
Frugalicious Friday
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday

11 comments:

Mumma Shirl said...

This post brought a tear to my eye what a lovely keepsake box and what lovely memories it contains.

Shirley

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Aw! I want a box to hold my babies pictures... that is it. I'm searching for one now. I've recently been going through our photos and found some really cute ones. I found some Halloween pictures, when they were young and have displayed them.
I also found pictures of them looking so sweet in their toddler years. Now I have proof that my grandchildren look like our side of the family!
--this box of yours is precious. Mine should have a 4 on it. :)
Pat

Art and Sand said...

I love numbers so just seeing the number 3 caught my attention. Then, reading about your precious keepsakes was touching. It is the little things that are so important.

Anne said...

What a beautiful keepsake! I too am very thankful for my one and only.She is my only blessing.I lost one before her.But I know that little one is in a better place and someday we will meet.
xx
Anne

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

lovely tradition!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

I have a box of three, too. I loved your beautiful words this morning about your wonderful box of memories.
xo, Tina

Kameel huise tussen spore said...

Revi how wonderful your post!! I enjoyed your trip through memory lane.
Love from Sunny South Africa

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Pouring over old photos is one of my great joys. Love the idea of a special box to hold favored treasures and bringing them out to celebrate once a year. Nice!
Liz

Pamela said...

Revi those are fabulous. Ii also enjoy looking thru old photos. I kinda hate that these days photos are all on the computer. Thanx for sharing at THT!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I too love your box of three Revi. Every now and then a sit down and look at old photos is a must. Memories of my children growing up are among my greatest treasures! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
Hugs,
Jann

Kathy said...

The box is wonderful - and I really like your tradition! Inspiring, I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy