Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ten Bucks Will Get You THIS!


Today I visited a new thrift store. 
They hadn't even officially opened yet. 
I think they let me in to keep from having to clean 
a lot more nose prints off the front window.


It was cash only, since they're not officially open. 
The lady told me, "Right now, it's sort of like a garage sale!"

Garage sale prices, too. :) All of this was ten bucks!
Five wire baskets. (Help me figure out how to use them!)

 

I also like this little shutter set...not the fabric inserts so much,
But I can see some crocheted lace there...and a little more distressing...



And this little ceramic cross is so pretty. It was an unwanted Easter present,
according to the inscription on the card it to which it was affixed.


I was pretty excited about this little two-drawer file! 


It is SO industrial! 


I like the look of it, but I'm not sure how useful it will be...


But for Five Bucks...


I just know you'll help me think of some good way to use it!

Word for the Day:

Proverbs 24:3-4



 3 By wisdom a house is built, 
   and through understanding it is established; 
through knowledge its rooms are filled
   with rare and beautiful treasures.

Linking With

Sunday

Sunday’s Best
Creative Bloggers Party Hop
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Monday

Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
Cowgirl Up
Tuesday’s Treasures
Wednesday

Share the Love Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Penny Pinching Party
What’s it Wednesday
Would You Buy It Wednesday
Thursday

Thrifty Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
thrift’n on a thursday
Home and Garden Thursday
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Party
Inspiration Friday
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special


13 comments:

A Mother and A Daughter said...

Great finds, Revi! ~ Barbara

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Great finds, Tamala. Are you going to paint the baskets? You could always do a fabric insert. The industrial piece is great for storing small items. I would probably put my 2oz. paints in it.

fiona anderson said...

$10 that's just not fair. I need to move to the US. That filing cabinet alone would be £10 over here !!
Baskets - huh - bathroom with facecloths and soaps or holding cutlery or with a couple of little flower pots for inside or out. Whatever you use them for, they're going to look great.

Unknown said...

Major score! What an amazing deal! I think the galvanized drawers would be so cool retro fit into an old dresser and those wire baskets will look good with what ever season it is. Shells for summer, pumpkins for fall, and pincones for winter. Can't wait to see what you do with a your cool junk.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Revi,
What awesome finds. Love the file drawers and the baskets! Perfection.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Have a blessed day.
karianne

Marsha said...

Hummmm....you did great! Love the goodies and the great prices. My favs are the cross--great color...and the little file drawer-so YUMMY! I'd use it for a recipe file!

Happy Thursday!
Marsha

outjunking said...

I could use it all. The wire baskets are great for everything, mail, guest bath accessories etc. The shutters I can't ever pass up a shutter.:)

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Hi Tamala!
Lucky outing for you- what fun stuff. I'd be doing a makeover on those shutters in a hurry. I know you'll fix them up in a great way.

savvycityfarmer said...

wait, are these things for sale?????

Revi said...

No - I PAID ten bucks for them! But if you're interested, I know they're cool 'cause you have GREAT style. :)
-Revi

Be Sweetly Inspired! said...

I love a productive 'shopping' day! I could think of a million things to do with wire baskets :) I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Lauren D.

A Few Pennies said...

Lots of great stuff! I love, love the wire baskets--you did good!

natasha said...

Which thrift store is this? I live in Amarillo, too, and I think I need to check this place out! :)

-Natasha
natashahanson.blogspot.com