Sunday, March 4, 2012

Angry Birds and Other Thrift Store Finds



I don't own an I-Phone. I have never played Angry Birds. 






But, that name kept popping into my head when I took a closer look at some of my latest thrift store acquisitions. Don't you agree - they just look ticked off! Nonetheless, I plucked them up for 59c each for the whole flock of them - four in all.




I was a happy bird to find this for $3.93! 






It's a tiny little rolling file cabinet. 




When I first spotted it, I thought it would be great for my future studio - but now I'm thinking it might be a good end table in my future living room. It will bring a little of the industrial vibe I'm going for!


It's a bit chippy and has a glued business card from a church on the top, but I think it will clean up nicely! 






I may sand it a bit and maybe give it another coat of spray paint. It opens in two places! 






Also for my house, I found a down/feather pillow form for $1, and a napkin for.25c. I will either use the napkin as a hand towel in the kitchen or make a pillow with it.




These signs will look good in my kitchen, along with another apple sign I found a couple of weeks ago:






If you're like me and are unsure what a Trattoria is, I looked it up on Dictionary.com. It is an inexpensive cafe that usually specializes in Italian food.


I got pretty excited to find this little corner shelf for a couple of bucks! 




I didn't notice it was damaged - sometimes I forget to check things out carefully enough when they're super cheap. I think I can sand it down and maybe cut the other side to match it.










I think it would look great in a bright color! But, I'll probably paint it chippy white. I might use it in my studio or possibly consign it.


I also found these little mirrors to consign. I'll spray paint them in bright orange or turquoise:




They were $1 each. I think they'll look cute with these:






They are vintage 1970's plastic items that I've seen on Etsy and Ebay. They bring a little vintage fun to eclectic environments. I can appreciate them, but they're not me, you know? I much prefer Angry Birds. 


Word for the Day: 


Ecclesiastes 10:20


Do not revile the king even in your thoughts, 
or curse the rich in your bedroom, 
because a bird of the air may carry your words, 

and a bird on the wing may report what you say.


A little bird told me to wish you a blessed Monday!


-Revi



LINKING WITH:


Sunday

Sunday’s Best
Creative Bloggers Party Hop
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Creative Me Link Up
Monday

Metamorphosis Monday
Making the World Cuter Monday
Motivate Me Monday 
Tuesday

Knick of Time  Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up
Wednesday

White Wednesday
Share the Love Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Penny Pinching Party
What’s it Wednesday
Would You Buy It Wednesday
Thursday

Under $100 Link Party
Suzy's House Party
Share Awesomeness Thursday
Thrifty Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
thrift’n on a thursday
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Friday Redoux Link Party
Frugal Friday
Frugalicious Friday
Potpourri Party
Inspiration Friday
Flaunt it Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Show and Tell Saturday












19 comments:

Marsha said...

You found a lot of goodies this weekend! What kind of studio will you create and what will you do there? I haven't read everything you've posted, so I've probably missed the answer that's right in front of me.
I went to a nearby flea market yesterday and came home with a cool milk bottle. You got better deals than I did, though.
I have an iphone and I haven't played angry birds (but I know them when I see them).
Happy Sunday.
Marsha

Sharon said...

You got some great finds! Looking forward to seeing what you do with that file cabinet...and the reveal of the room you're putting it in!

Sharon

Our Hopeful Home said...

I want that eggs sign! You got quite a bit of good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Kathleen

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

I love all of your finds this week, but especially the "angry birds!" Those are fabulous. I have a pair in brass that are similar, but I really love them in white!

Anne said...

Wonderful post! I have tried to play Angry Birds on my son's phone a couple of times...LOL~ I did buy some catnip-filled ones for the kitties at Christmas, though! I'm a new follower; so nice to "meet" you!
♥ Anne ♥

farmhouse-story said...

you find the greatest things! LOVE your file cabinet, esp:) (i just got my first iphone, and don't get angry birds appeal--your angry birds are adorable:)

cathy@my1929charmer said...

You sure a lot of great finds. Yes the birds do look like they are "ticked" off. But still cute. Love the rolling file cart, and quite frankly everything else you scored! Thanks for sharing your finds at Sunday's Best Party.

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

Oh my goodness! I'm moving to Texas so I can be near your thrift stores! These are some great finds! I love the birds, cabinet and signs the best!

the cape on the corner said...

loving those birds! great finds!

Gypsy Heart said...

You are a pro at finding inexpensive and making it look great! I don't know anything about angry birds either but I agree with you about these. :-)

xo
Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

You are a pro at finding inexpensive and making it look great! I don't know anything about angry birds either but I agree with you about these. :-)

xo
Pat

Anonymous said...

Love your angry birds! I love the scripture even more. Thanks for sharing! Have a Blessed Day! Vanessa - Fort Mill

Latane Barton said...

I believe that you are a bargain master. Or is that Masterette? hehe. Great and inexpensive finds.

Alissa@CraftyEndeavor said...

Now those are my kind of Angry Birds. Just don't launch them.

Anonymous said...

Wow, can't believe all of your great finds and fabulous prices!!!

My 5 yr old son is a bit obsessed with angry birds. We've had to remove it from our phones and go into detox mode! I like your angry birds much better!

Thanks so much for joining my Would You Buy It linky party!

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

I wish we had thrift stores with prices like that in Michigan!! Great finds!!!

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

I love admiring someone else's thrifty finds. I am a thrifty junkie as well. Great finds. Sounds like some of them have inspired you and will definitely keep you busy!

very merry vintage style said...

Great finds. Love those plastic birds. I've never seen anything like that before, I'll have to check out the etsy shops. Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

Kathy said...

Fantastic finds! Angry birds are everywhere - I have seen my husband and daughter play with them on his IPad. I painted a few pumpkins as angry birds - and the pig! Love your thrifting treasures - I think your birds are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy