Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Thrifty Life Thursday #37 with Features from Last Week!

My next projects...two French chairs. 


Any sewing people want to barter to make drop cloth 
slip covers for the two chairs below? (Just the seat part.)

I have lots of fun junk to trade for your sewing skills...just let me know.


This week's features from last week's party:

Sharon from The Blue Willow House shared some very cool thrifty treasures, and the one that caught my eye was a brass barrel side table.
(I just saw a similar one at chairish.com) Of course, she had to put some elbow grease into it (and gold rub'n buff) to get it to look like the photo below...but it was a great deal. 

Brass Stool foyer

Erica and Hanna from The Adventures of Two (Pyrex Crazy) Thrifting Sisters shared a boat load of vintage mostly kitchen goodness. I learned more about Pyrex while visiting them...always a good thing to know your vintage stuff if you frequent thrift stores! Thanks, ladies.


Jann from Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson shared her fall front porch, which is chock full of great ideas and fall vignettes. She uses her vintage goodies in all of them in very creative ways. It was hard to decide what photo to use!

DSC03349

THRIFTY LIFE THURSDAY #37

Gathering Guidelines:

This is a gathering for people who enjoy hunting for treasures 
that may have previous experience or lived a former life elsewhere. 

Please share items that are second-hand or are composed of second-hand materials.

Types of Posts to Share:
    • Home decor, furniture, collectibles, garden items and even wearables are welcome, as long as they have a second-hand element.
    • Please, no food items, new pieces from "real" stores, or crafts, unless made with upcycled, thrifty finds.
    • Hand-me-downs and curbside finds are welcome, as are items found in thrift stores, garage sales, antique shops, flea markets and other interesting places.
    • Treasures may be listed as you found them, or with your updates, tweaks, and re-purposes; befores and afters are both welcome.
    • Items need not be "vintage" but must be pre-owned or second hand.
    • Posts including Etsy and other shop links are welcome! For visitor enjoyment, please link to your blog post, not directly to your Etsy shop. 
    Etiquette:
      • Though it is not a requirement, it would be lovely if you would follow Revisionary Life  via Blogger, Bloglovin' or subscribe via email. Links are located in my sidebar to the right.
      • Please link your post (not your blog address) back to Revisionary Life.             
      • Please visit at least one other party friend.
      • I'd love for you to comment and introduce yourself if we've never met before. :) Otherwise, don't feel obligated to leave a comment. 
      Features:
      • Featured items must meet the criteria above. 
      • Only posts that link back may be featured.
      • I will try to leave a comment or email you and let you know if you were featured!

      Word for the Day:
      Hebrews 10:24-25
      24
       And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 
      25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, 
      but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see 
      the Day drawing near.

      Sharing with Ivy and Elephants - http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/






      11 comments:

      Donna Wilkes said...

      Thanks for hosting! How about just trading the chairs to someone for more junk?

      Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

      Thanks for hosting again this week, Revi! I hope you find somebody to barter with for chair slipcovers! I'd like to make some for my own, but I've never made them before, so I keep postponing the project.

      Great features!

      Deanies Stash said...

      Revi, enjoyed the features this week. Have a great week!

      Deanies Stash said...

      Hi Revi. Thank you for hosting. After you read my second post about my car wreck you will understand this comment - I had a miracle yesterday and the Lord is Awesome!

      Hugs, Dianne

      Joy@aVintageGreen said...

      Hi Revi, love Thrifty Life Thursday, now #37. Always look forward to joining in.
      Joy

      Kameel huise tussen spore said...

      Thanks for hosting. i am sure that those chairs is going to end beautiful. Enjoy the day. Lots of blessings
      Sandra

      Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

      Thanks so much for hosting Revi! Love your chairs, but I have no sewing skills whatsoever. I'm sure they'll look amazing with new slipcovers.

      Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

      Thank you for the feature and hosting the party.

      My thrift store addiction said...

      Hi Revi! Cannot wait to see how those chairs turn out! Thanks for hosting!

      Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

      Revi my friend, always a delight to be featured at your party! Love me some thrifty. lol! Those Thrifter Sisters always find amazing things. Love, love it! Thanks for the party!
      hugs,
      Jann

      Audrey said...

      Hi Revi ... hope you find someone to make new cushions for your pretty chairs. I love to barter ... once, I had two ladies paint my laundry room walls and I was setting up for a garage sale. I bartered to one lady enough from my garage to cover her charges. My lucky day. Keep trying, I know you will find someone. Love your features this week and thanks for hosting the fun party.
      Hugs,
      Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures