Monday, September 15, 2014

Industrial Living Room...Vignette #1 - Le Petit Gallery Wall


Progress, but much still to do.
On top of it all, my camera fell off the tripod yesterday when I was trying to snap photos...so I had to get another today. I think it is a better camera than the last one, but I need to figure out how to use it...I liked the variety of scene settings I could use on the last camera.

Above is a new vignette by the front door...with my mail chute emptying into the antique drawer.
I purchased it shortly after moving into this home about 12 years ago.



I love the alligatored finish and the hardware on it...and it has been through the mill, with a broken piece off the left drawer front, too.



Next to the drawer, an art book, a geology book and an engineering drawing book underneath a thrift store wire box with terra cotta candle holders. Three flower frogs and two magnifers are perched in front of the books.

By the time I left work, got to Best Buy to get a camera, and drove through Burger King to grab dinner, light was fading, so photos are not great.


I AM excited about the way I'm using all my hoarded numbers...as references to my favorite Bible verses. Can you guess which verse I've referenced above?

Above, over half of the items are from thrift stores and garage sales. The English child's dresser is from an auction 30 years ago. I painted it white a while back. The Renaissance Art book is a college text book...vintage. The others are from thrift stores.

The small white cross is from Hobby Lobby on 50 percent off from a few years back. The oval mirror below was on clearance at Kirklands several years ago, and my sweet Hannah bought it for me. The large rectangle below is from Ross, another purchase from when I moved into this home 12 years ago. 

The top 8 was 20c recently at Hobby Lobby. Everything else was a thrift store purchase.

In case you didn't get the reference...here it is; one of my favorite verses:

Word for the Day:
Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Possibly Linking With:
Sunday
Sundays at Home
Sunday’s Best
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Monday
Mod Mix Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Amaze Me Monday
Make it Monday
Tuesday
Vintage Inspiration Party
Vintage Inspiration Party
Vintage Inspiration Party
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Scoop
Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
What’s it Wednesday
Cottage Style Party
Drop it or Swap it Party
Thursday
Under $100 Link Party
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Furniture Feature Friday
Frugal Friday
Junkin’ Joe
Thrifty Things Friday
Saturday
Party Junk

11 comments:

Donna Wilkes said...

A wonderful verse to go out the door and face the day. Love all the elements - the different shapes are all cohesive in the space. Love the drawer for the mail. I am so glad you got a new camera - learn to use it quickly so we can see what all you have done.

sweetvintageofmine said...

Evening Revi, I love a touch of industrial and yours has a great eclectic mix too! I enjoy seeing people (guests) look in amazement all the re-purposed and unique items in a home. Numbers and wording is a favorite of mine too....Blessings~~~Roxie

sweetvintageofmine said...

Also, forgot to say how creative you are for the bible verse....a great testimony! Roxie

Deanies Stash said...

Revi, I like the vignette by your door. It is coming along great! Can't wait to see more of the room.

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, I love this look! Thanks for sharing. Leticia

Audrey said...

WOW Revi ... Love your wall. So interesting. Love all the mirrors ... so much better than a big one there. Everything works together beautifully .. I can see how it reminds you of that Bible verse.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Etcetorize said...

Such a nice vignette. I especially like how you mail gets delivered right into your drawer. My mail slot is in my door and the mail ends up on the floor. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week :)

Joy Junktion said...

I immediately knew it was Romans 8:28, one of my favorites as well! Your wall looks great and I'm sure the rest is coming along nicely. Looking forward to photos when you are done! Blessings, Cindy

Diana said...

Loving your new look, Revi! And you accomplished it by mostly shopping your house--amazing--

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Hi there I am new to your blog! Cecilia sent me. I am a new blogger and she said that you would help me get involved in a link party. I'm a little computer idiot. LOL I sure do thank you in advance for your help. ((HUGS)) Jo from Anne's Attic - design http://fulcolbaxia.wordpress.com

Kameel huise tussen spore said...

What a wonderful blog post. Love your selection and the verse. Many blessings from South Africa.
Hugs
Sandra