Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Thrifty Life Thursday #33 and Features from Last Week!


At first, I just grabbed these because of the round frames...



You know...to add a little interest to a gallery wall. 

I thought they were prints, but they might be originals. Samson and Angelica.



Any clues? 

While you're thinking, let me show you some features from last week:

This week, we welcomed several new thrifters who had some wonderful finds!
Diana from Adirondack Girl @ Heart found some things that made my pulse race a bit faster...



She had other cool goodies, too. Drop by to check them out!

Dianne from Deanie's Stash found stuff you will NOT beileve...at a 99 year old's farm sale. Grab a bib, and head over there...so much good stuff, I'll bet Diane has not touched the ground since the weekend.


I could be a tad envious...except she's such a nice person. 

Meg at My Vintage Life shares a love of vintage books among other things...


These are just downright luscious. I could eat them. Seriously.

This weekend, Cathy and I are going to estate sales and I'm trying to talk her into going to some sketchy parts of Dallas to check out thrift stores. We'll have to compare and contrast next week...this is new territory for me. 

Now then, let's see what goodies you've discovered recently!

THRIFTY LIFE THURSDAY #33

Gathering Guidelines:

This is a gathering for people who enjoy hunting for treasures 
that may have previous experience or lived a former life elsewhere. 

Please share items that are second-hand or are composed of second-hand materials.

Types of Posts to Share:
    • Home decor, furniture, collectibles, garden items and even wearables are welcome, as long as they have a second-hand element.
    • Please, no food items, new pieces from "real" stores, or crafts, unless made with upcycled, thrifty finds.
    • Hand-me-downs and curbside finds are welcome, as are items found in thrift stores, garage sales, antique shops, flea markets and other interesting places.
    • Treasures may be listed as you found them, or with your updates, tweaks, and re-purposes; befores and afters are both welcome.
    • Items need not be "vintage" but must be pre-owned or second hand.
    • Posts including Etsy and other shop links are welcome! For visitor enjoyment, please link to your blog post, not directly to your Etsy shop. 
    Etiquette:
      • Though it is not a requirement, it would be lovely if you would follow Revisionary Life  via Blogger, Bloglovin' or subscribe via email. Links are located in my sidebar to the right.
      • Please link your post (not your blog address) back to Revisionary Life.             
      • Please visit at least one other party friend.
      • I'd love for you to comment and introduce yourself if we've never met before. :) Otherwise, don't feel obligated to leave a comment. 
      Features:
      • Featured items must meet the criteria above. 
      • Only posts that link back may be featured.
      • I will try to leave a comment or email you and let you know if you were featured!

      Word for the Day:
      Hebrews 10:24-25
      24
       And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 
      25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, 
      but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see 
      the Day drawing near.








      13 comments:

      Diana said...

      Thanks so much for the feature! I really appreciate it; am glad I found your party :)

      Deanies Stash said...

      Revi, what a surprise that I was chosen to be a feature. Thank you!! I look forward to your party and your blog posts. Have a great weekend!

      Hugs, Dianne

      Meg said...

      Thanks for featuring my post....I am always over the moon when I find old faded books xxx

      Rita C at Panoply said...

      Great finds, all, Revi. Thank you for having us to the party. And Miss Diana gets to wear a hat - it's her 1 yr blogiversary! :)
      Rita

      Donna Wilkes said...

      Oh, please leave the oval paintigs as they are. Put them in your Etsy shop. Thank you for hosting.

      Joy@aVintageGreen said...

      Hi Revi, thanks for hostingThrifty Life Thursday no. 33.
      Joy

      Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

      heading over to check out the 99 year old barn sale!!

      Audrey said...

      Hi Revi ... such a fun party ... love your feature picks ... those vintage pink books are awesome. What a treasure. I love your round frames and the paintings are really cute. Are the centers porcelain? I agree with Donna ... sell them as is ... they might have some value. Good luck.
      Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

      Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

      Such interesting little plaques.
      I don't have a clue about them! Are they marked on the back? or signed on the front...I couldn't tell from here. :)
      Thanks for putting together a great thrifty party each week.
      Pat

      Kameel huise tussen spore said...

      Once again thanks for hosting

      Margaret said...

      In the 1950s my mother had not Samson and Angelica, but Samson and Delilah; it gave me quite a start to see Samson after such a long time.

      Anonymous said...

      I love those round frames you found! If the paper the art is on feels like poster paper it is probably a print. If it feels like real paper it is most likely an original. If you are not sure have it appraised but that is how I tell. Fingers crossed for originals!

      Ivy and Elephants said...

      Thank you so much for hosting, it's always a pleasure.Love the cute little pictures!
      Hugs,
      Patti