Wednesday, July 30, 2014

All That Glitters - Thrifty Life Thursday #29 and features from last week!


All that glitters is not gold...sometimes it is lovely brass with a rich patina. 



I have found some lovely pieces lately...for Etsy, mostly.



The candlesticks above have been polished to a lovely sheen...not too shiny.

This footed bowl needed nothing...




Look at the pretty engraving...and wonderfully rich patina.



This week, as always, I was impressed with the array of amazing finds at the party! 

Sincere thanks to each of you who joined us, or came by to see the thrifty treasures.

Audrey from Timeless Treasures wowed us again with her wonderful vintage finds at great prices, and her red bench revision. 



Those pitch forks also caught my eye...and the zinc chest, and the watering can...The girl has such a good eye!


Donna from Distressed Donna Down Home shared a lovely collection of quilts she actually uses, as well as tips for caring for them. 



You'll have to visit her to read one of the sweetest stories ever about one of her favorite quilts...


Here's a peek...it put a lump in my throat. This funny girl has heart. 

Rita from Panopoly shared a most charming set of vintage Quimper Pottery from France.


What a happy table! She also shared a brief history of the pottery. (Blogging can make you smarter. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Now, let's see what you have in store for us this week!

THRIFTY LIFE THURSDAY #29

Gathering Guidelines:

This is a gathering for people who enjoy hunting for treasures 
that may have previous experience or lived a former life elsewhere. 

Please share items that are second-hand or are composed of second-hand materials.

Types of Posts to Share:
    • Home decor, furniture, collectibles, garden items and even wearables are welcome, as long as they have a second-hand element.
    • Please, no food items, new pieces from "real" stores, or crafts, unless made with upcycled, thrifty finds.
    • Hand-me-downs and curbside finds are welcome, as are items found in thrift stores, garage sales, antique shops, flea markets and other interesting places.
    • Treasures may be listed as you found them, or with your updates, tweaks, and re-purposes; befores and afters are both welcome.
    • Items need not be "vintage" but must be pre-owned or second hand.
    • Posts including Etsy and other shop links are welcome! For visitor enjoyment, please link to your blog post, not directly to your Etsy shop. 
    Etiquette:
      • Though it is not a requirement, it would be lovely if you would follow Revisionary Life  via Bloglovin', Blogger or subscribe via email. Links are located in my sidebar to the right.
      • Please link your post (not your blog address) back to Revisionary Life.             
      • Please visit at least one other party friend.
      • I'd love for you to comment and introduce yourself if we've never met before. :) Otherwise, don't feel obligated to leave a comment. 
      Features:
      • Featured items must meet the criteria above. 
      • Only posts that link back may be featured.
      • I will try to leave a comment or email you and let you know if you were featured!

      Word for the Day:
      Hebrews 10:24-25
      24
       And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 
      25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, 
      but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.










      11 comments:

      Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

      Beautiful features...the Quimper is a real treasure...

      Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

      Oh, that collection of pitchforks is wonderful!! I love Rita's dishes, too, and she sets a lovely table. Now I've got to read the quilt story! Thanks for hosting again this week!

      Deanies Stash said...

      Great features from last week! Thanks for the party.

      Rita C at Panoply said...

      Revi, thank you for featuring my Quimper this week! I'm also off to read Donna's quilt story....I missed that one! I appreciate your hosting Thrifty Thursday - it's always fun.
      Rita

      farmhouse-story said...

      i love this weeks features, revi! thanks for hosting us:)

      Anonymous said...

      I love brass items too, so pretty! Thank you for hosting the party and have a great day!

      Junkchiccottage said...

      Great features Revi. Thanks for hosting.
      Kris

      Donna Wilkes said...

      I am in love with the Quimper - that yellow is delicious. I like brass if I do not have to polish it. I must say you may be nudging me just a tad to pull out my brass and use it.Thanks so much for the feature on the quilts and their history.

      Joy@aVintageGreen said...

      Thank you Revi for Thrifty Life Thursday. The brass just twinkles. Have a wonderful week ahead.
      Joy

      Jonni @ Minnie's Milestones said...

      Hi Revi, just found your blog today. I am Jonni and I have been blogging for less than a year. My blog is Minnie's Milestones, I would love for you to check it out when you have time. I joined your e-newsletter today and joining your linky party.

      Audrey said...

      Hi Revi...love all your brass ...I know you will give it the "Revi touch" and make it pretty. I have loved brass for a long time ... then copper. I guess I have a collection of each. Thanks for the party ... so honored that you featured my red garden bench. Pretty comfortable.
      Hugs,
      Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures