Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Birthday Thrift Gifts from June and Thrifty Life Thursday #19


June handed me an envelope with a birthday card, she said, "It's not much, but I know you can do a lot with it at one of your thrift stores..." 

Is it not a major blessing to have people who love you and know you so well? I got excited about going to the thrift store...and along with the Florentine tray in the photo above for $1.07, I also found these items:

A small mirror made from a wooden cog! My industrial-loving self did a small happy dance. 


Especially when I turned it over and saw it had a hanger AND a REALLY cheap price...


It makes me want to do an industrial gallery wall right this minute! Would a .27c item inspire you like this? Yes, I thought it might. Me too. 



I also found these...


Some days are just like that. Happy birthday to me!!! I think they were .57c and .87c. 



I also found a small silver bowl...I might have another just like it or very similar. I stashed all the silver plate stuff away when I went all white this spring. It was 87c.



I also found a couple of classic hard-backs. If I remember correctly, they're .57c each at this thrift store...

I also found a tripod for $1.07 and I used it to take these photos. 

Thank you, June. I think I still have enough money left for another trip...maybe two!

Now then, let's see what YOU brought to the party last week:



Check out this beauty from Rhonda at Restored Treasures Too. This lampshade caught my eye...as I've been trying to figure out how to do one with doilies...this tablecloth beauty looks much simpler. And doesn't it look amazing? 


DSC01243

Jann, from Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson, shared her "short stacks" of collections, as well as showing other inspiring tall ones. I can easily identify - it seems like I have short stacks of practically everything! 



Donna, from Distressed Donna Down Home, has quite the eye for cool stuff. She knows where to look, and doesn't mind digging or getting her hands dirty. And seriously, people are leaving cool items at her door! As if she didn't have a stash of them already...you can check her out and visit her Etsy shop if you like REAL vintage stuff - I bought a metal letter that is totally fabulous, and her prices are great.

Now then, let's see what other wonderful thrifty finds you've gathered since last week, shall we?

THRIFTY LIFE THURSDAY #19

Gathering Guidelines:

This is a gathering for people who enjoy hunting for treasures 
that may have previous experience or lived a former life elsewhere. 
Please share items that are second-hand or are composed of second-hand materials.

Types of Posts to Share:
    • Home decor, furniture, collectibles, garden items and even wearables are welcome, as long as they have a second-hand element.
    • Please, no food items, new pieces from "real" stores, or crafts, unless made with upcycled, thrifty finds.
    • Hand-me-downs and curbside finds are welcome, as are items found in thrift stores, garage sales, antique shops, flea markets and other interesting places.
    • Treasures may be listed as you found them, or with your updates, tweaks, and re-purposes; befores and afters are both welcome.
    • Items need not be "vintage" but must be pre-owned or second hand.
    • Posts including Etsy and other shop links are welcome! For visitor enjoyment, please link to your blog post, not directly to your Etsy shop. 
    Etiquette:
      • Though it is not a requirement, it would be lovely if you would follow Revisionary Life some way - via Blogger, Pinterest or Facebook or subscribe via email. Links are located in my sidebar to the right.
      • Please link your post (not your blog address) back to Revisionary Life.             
      • Please visit at least one other party friend.
      • I'd love for you to comment and introduce yourself if we've never met before. :) Otherwise, don't feel obligated to leave a comment. 
      Features:
      • Featured items must meet the criteria above. 
      • Only posts that link back may be featured.
      • I will try to email you and let you know if you were featured!

      Word for the Day:
      Hebrews 10:24-25
      24
       And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.






      7 comments:

      Rhonda said...

      Thank you for featuring my lampshade, and thanks for hosting!

      Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

      Aha, I got it to open! Hope this makes sense. Thanks so very much for the feature and Happy Belated Birthday my friend!
      hugs,
      Jann

      Donna Wilkes said...

      Thank you for the feature on my wonderful rust fairies. I received a picnic hamper last weekend from one of them. All of those mirrors would look quite industrial with the metallic hammered paint. I can just see them on the wall now. I think I would even paint the bird metallic too. Thank you for hosting.

      Joy@aVintageGreen said...

      Nice collection of thrifted finds, what could be better for birthday gifts. Thank you for hosting today, love seeing what others are sharing.
      Joy

      Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

      You can find treasures for pennies like I have never seen!
      Thanks for hosting- I'm happy to be here. :)
      xo, T.

      Audrey said...

      Love all your features Revi. Would love to copy that beautiful lamp shade. You found some really nice stuff and real bargains. Thanks for hosting this fun party.
      Blessings,
      Audry Z. @ Timeless Treasures

      farmhouse-story said...

      i just realized i have a post that fits your party, revi! thanks for hosting us!!