Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Favorite Vignette Spot for Fall and Thoughts on Generous Friends and Family


This chest is one of my favorite mini-makeover spots.
I've had some elements that have stayed here for a year now, so a bit more change was in order.


I kept the Frenchy frame, but took away the modern/industrial art piece I had propped there for the past year. Though I enjoyed the contrast, it was time to change things up!


Since I had recently moved the plaster face from my gallery wall behind the sofa, it seemed like a good focal point to put inside the frame.


I kept the faux mercury glass lamp there, since the scale fits well.

Next to the Frenchy frame is another small ornate framed portrait of a Baroness. She may be Italian...



I painted her with ASCP French linen.


Keeping with my mixed metal mentality, I included a gold box I received from a sweet great aunt as a high school graduation gift.


 I love the contrast of the elegant box on the rustic cabinet!


These deconstructed books make such interesting props for things! They were free - from a friend's garage sale. Of course, I had to spend an evening ripping off the covers!
Most of the ones I deconstructed were Reader's digest condensed books. Many of them were already falling apart, so it didn't feel like vandalism!

Remember the rusty hammer head I found last summer for .10c at a garage sale? I have some sort of unexplained affection for it. I see it as true art on so many levels!


Rust enjoys company, so my favorite bird from my favorite aunt June returned to roost! 


Last, but not least, is a favorite ceramic piece made by my long-time dear friend, Vivian. She took a pottery class in college and took to it like a fish to water! (Viv, you should really take another class...) This pot has a salt-fired glaze. She gave me three pots years ago, and I'll love them forever, partly because they are lovely to me, and partly because they were made by her, and she is lovely to me. 

(Note: DO make it a point to make friends with artists and creative people. Not only are they lovely company, but you end up with lots of cool stuff just because!) 


Word for the Day:
Proverbs 19:6
Many seek the favor of a generous man, and everyone is a friend to a man who gives gifts.

Possibly Linking With:

Sunday

Sunday Show-off Link Party
Silver Pennies Sundays
Monday

Masterpiece Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Mod Mix Monday
Give Me the Goods Monday
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Scoop
The Scoop
The Scoop
Inspire Me Tuesday
Inspiration Exchange Linky Party
Wednesday

Wow Us Wednesday
Blissfully White Wednesday
What’s it Wednesday
Cottage Style Party
What We Accomplished Wednesday
Thursday

Thursday Open House Party
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Grey Dey Thursdey
Be Inspired
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Frugal Friday
Fabulously Creative Friday
Friday’s Five Features
Weekend
Saturday

Party Junk
Get Schooled Saturday

4 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

love the way your mix and match thinngs, revi! LOVE the french picture frame!

Unknown said...

Love the look of your vignette! Great idea with the frame. Love the elements you've chosen. Lots of texture!

Clara said...

As usual, you inspire me. Now if I had some time. I guess I need my Internet to go out. Not really, EEK! is right.
Clara

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Great job Revi. It all looks great, but the book and nail are my favorite! I have got to rip me a set. Been meaning to for a while now. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann