Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Favorite Moms


#1 - My Mom - Lana

Aside from loving you just because you're my mom, I love your "can do" attitude, and the fact that you're a visionary. And couple that with the fact that you are fearless, as your daughter, I have been privileged to witness many things come to pass that were born in your creative mind and fearlessly pursued. You never gave up. You found just the right people to help you achieve your dreams, and you're still doing it today.

Though you became my mom at a very young age, I always knew you were my mom, and not my friend. I always felt well-loved and cared for. You encouraged me to be well-rounded, and even supported my decision to be an art major. You always told me I could do anything I wanted, and I believed you. Thank you for that.



#2 - My Aunt - June

I've loved you since I can remember, because you were always there. We have enjoyed many times together - from big family gatherings, to coffee at Starbucks. You have been my spiritual Mom. From taking me to Vacation Bible School as a tiny girl, to speaking words like "put it in God's hands," and giving me lots of great reading material, you have been a prayer warrior and a spiritual rock. You have modeled a Christian wife and mother to me. Though I love our talks about home decorating and other things we have in common, I love our talks about Jesus even more. I have thanked God many times for putting us in the same family.



#3 - My Daughter - Hannah

No, you're not a mom yet, but someday you'll be the mother of my grandchildren. I can't believe you're graduating college next Saturday! Your high school graduation seems like it just happened last year. I am so proud of you!

I know you will be a wonderful mommy to your children. Your integrity and desire to do the right thing has always been a part of who you are. Your internal motivation has always amazed me. I have little to do with the young woman God made you to be. I just have the pleasure of being chosen to be your Mom, and to love you. You make it easy. For that blessing, I am thankful every day of my life.

Word for the Day:Proverbs 31:10, 27-28 

[ The Woman Who Fears the Lord ] An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.

3 comments:

Trisha said...

What a beautiful post, and amazing women. Happy Mother's Day to you all, Trisha

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

How wonderful it is that God has put such loving, supportive and impactful women in your life. They are all beautiful and are clearly just as fortunate to have you in their lives as well. It's fun to see the women behind THE woman who lives a Revisionary Life!
Liz

farmhouse-story said...

congrats to hannah! love this post, revi:)