Saturday, February 16, 2013

Things That Can Wait


Etsy has slowed down...


And I now have almost 80 items listed.


It DOES take a bit of time to photograph and list items.


So until I sell more...


These are my last listings.


I have other fish to fry, rooms to paint, and I shouldn't forget ...cleaning. My Saturdays are full. 

But for today, I've finished cleaning one room. Now, I'm going to a birthday party for my favorite 4 year-old nephew, John.

So the house can wait. Etsy can wait. Blogging can wait. Painting can wait. 

A very wise 11 year-old once told me,"When someone you love wants to spend time with you, you do it no matter what else you think you need to be doing." 

That 11 year-old was Hannah. I was debating whether to spend another Saturday painting a room in our new house, or to spend a "girls day out" shopping with some of my favorite people: my mom, my aunt June and my daughter. 

Hannah was right. 

Word for the Day:

James 4:14
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.


Linking With

Sunday

Thrifty Treasures
Monday

Masterpiece Monday
The More the Merrier Monday
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
Wednesday

Wow Us Wednesday
What’s it Wednesday
Thursday

Thursday Open House Party
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Friday
Frugal Friday
Inspiration Friday
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday

6 comments:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

Hanna is right!!! my daughter just asked me to read her a book...hence I will get out of here :)

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

This hits home as this morning I woke up to news that two young people from my church perished in a car accident last night.
I'm hugging my kids a little tighter today. Enjoy your family!

Jeanette

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Have fun, T! Hannah was indeed right...everything will wait and 'nothing will happen'! ;)

Anne said...

Your daughter is very wise!I agree most important is the time with your loved ones.Everything else can wait.
xx
Anne

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

She must have gotten that wisdom from you. What a smart girl. Glad you are having some fun away from the usual pursuits. What could be better than time with family! Painting and all that stuff waits quite patiently, I find. It doesn't even budge.

The little kids, on the other hand, grow older fast, as do we. We can't afford to let such meaningful moments slip by us. Hope you made lots of memories today celebrating your nephew and enjoyed a break from the daily lists.
Liz

must love junk said...

Wow-out of the mouth of babes...! Great thought!
Susan