Here's a simple but possibly motivational idea that came to me today. It came in an email - a brand new linky party for posting our weekly goals.
When I read the email from the comment and visited the new blogger's party, I thought, "Now, why didn't I think of that?"
(Hmmm - I've already said that once today. YOU PEOPLE ARE SO STINKIN' CREATIVE IN BLOGLAND!)
I'd already posted seven goals for the year, and quite honestly, I've not been so great at beginning any of them. As a matter of fact, I'm trying hard to remember all seven of them right now.
I'm a big believer in breaking down things into steps - small bites. You can't eat an elephant in one bite. Small regular steps equal success.
So, in the spirit of small steps, I've decided to take seven little bites each week and join this linky. They will be steps to help me toward my seven intentions for the new year.
- Get up 30 minutes earlier 2 days this week.
- Freeze or throw out any remaining fattening things leftover from Christmas, and replace them with healthy choices.
- Begin exercising 15 minutes per day at home - video, exercise bike, stretching or whatever. Or walk in the neighborhood when it warms up. Call Karen to come with...
- Call the Hospice coordinator again tomorrow and set the time to meet on Thursday or Friday.
- Finish quarterly taxes. List 5 new things on Etsy.
- Find an online how to use a Nikon Coolpix S6100 instruction manual and read it! Use the information to take photos on a sunny day this weekend.
- Paint a batch of small items - mirrors, frames, wood components, etc. (Including the items above!) that will be used in future room renovations.
Now, then! That all sounds very achievable. :)
Word for the Day:
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.Proverbs 16:8-10