Monday, January 14, 2013

Seven Weekly Goals


Here's a simple but possibly motivational idea that came to me today. It came in an email - a brand new linky party for posting our weekly goals.


When I read the email from the comment and visited the new blogger's party, I thought, "Now, why didn't I think of that?"
(Hmmm - I've already said that once today. YOU PEOPLE ARE SO STINKIN' CREATIVE IN BLOGLAND!)


I'd already posted seven goals for the year, and quite honestly, I've not been so great at beginning any of them. As a matter of fact, I'm trying hard to remember all seven of them right now.


I'm a big believer in breaking down things into steps - small bites. You can't eat an elephant in one bite. Small regular steps equal success. 


So, in the spirit of small steps, I've decided to take seven little bites each week and join this linky. They will be steps to help me toward my seven intentions for the new year.


  1. Get up 30 minutes earlier 2 days this week.
  2. Freeze or throw out any remaining fattening things leftover from Christmas, and replace them with healthy choices.
  3. Begin exercising 15 minutes per day at home - video, exercise bike, stretching or whatever. Or walk in the neighborhood when it warms up. Call Karen to come with...
  4. Call the Hospice coordinator again tomorrow and set the time to meet on Thursday or Friday.
  5. Finish quarterly taxes. List 5 new things on Etsy.
  6. Find an online how to use a Nikon Coolpix S6100 instruction manual and read it! Use the information to take photos on a sunny day this weekend.
  7. Paint a batch of small items - mirrors, frames, wood components, etc. (Including the items above!) that will be used in future room renovations.
Now, then! That all sounds very achievable. :)

Word for the Day:
Proverbs 16:9
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.
Proverbs 16:8-10

Linking with:
http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup.html

7 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Funny... I was looking at your list and thinking, we are doing some of the same things.
I'm getting up 30 minutes earlier...and going to bed almost 2 HOURS EARLIER...HA! Why is that?
and ... cleaned out the fridge of holiday junk.
...and I SO need to list some things on Etsy...
AND yesterday, I painted a shelf and HUNG IT UP IN MY BEDROOM.

you know what they say, great minds think alike, (...and fools seldom differ...ssshh.) Lets forget that second part.
have a great week. Pat

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

let me know how it goes :) when I write goals down I realize how much I actually accomplished!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

You can do it and you will be so accomplished as you take it step by step. Stating your goals for others to see helps to keep you motivated, I've seen that. Hope you'll keep us posted as to your results.
Liz

Marsha said...

You're so good! I'm bad. I wish I would set more goals.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

You can do it!! Hope your year is off to a good start.

Leslie said...

You can do it!!! One of my goals this year is to sleep more ~ it is Not working out so good thus far! I am up at the crack of dawn every morning. It's nice but then I require a nap around 4pm and that throws me out of whack for the next day again. Errrr. : )

Life according to Lenetta said...


Hi, Thanks so much for linking up last week.
""Weekly goals"" is now up for this week. Would love for you to link up this week. Have a beautiful day.
Here's the link if you would like it. - http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-3.html
Lenetta