Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Painting by Numbers


I like to think I have my "own" style, but
I am not above jumping on a bandwagon.
Especially one that seems to fit 
what I perceive as my style.


This ASCP-painted chalk board is a combination
of three such bandwagons: chalk paint, 
chalk board paint, and numbers - all in one project.

When I found it at the thrift store, it looked like this:


I must admit it pained me just a bit to paint over
the butterfly. It was pretty well-done. But I knew
I wanted to make this piece into a chalk board, 
so I bit the bullet and did it.


Sorry for the blue cast to these photos - 
we're already losing our after 5:00 p.m. sunlight.

Note to self: plan better to make sure 
I have nice photos for you!

Another number project is this plate I had 
painted with ASCP. I free-handed a 2 on it.
It looked PRETTY lame with that wonky 2.


Even if I sanded it almost all off, it still didn't look right. 
So, I redid it.


I used a classic stencil font, enlarged 
to 700 pt. and printed on copy paper. 

I trimmed off the excess paper and
traced it onto the plate with
carbon paper, and finally painted it.

This plate is painted in flat white latex.
It is not a number, but rather a fleur de lis.


All these images were painted in 
acrylic paint and distressed.


These numbers and design were
all done in less than an hour.

I enjoyed doing them so much, 
I decided to do more!

I am keeping a watch out for more
wooden items that can be painted
by numbers. 

Word for the Day:
Acts 16:5
So the churches were strengthened in the faith, 
and they increased in numbers daily.

Linking With

Sunday

Sunday’s Best
Creative Bloggers Party Hop
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Sister Sunday
Thrifty Treasures


Monday

Metamorphosis Monday
Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Masterpiece Monday
The More the Merrier Monday
Make it Pretty Monday


Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
All Star Block Party
Tuesday’s Treasures
Twice Owned Tuesday
Chalk Paint Link Party
Wednesday

White Wednesday
Share the Love Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wed
Wow Us Wednesday
Penny Pinching Party

Thursday

Under $100 Link Party
All Star Block Party
Transformation Thursday

Share Awesomeness Thursday
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Live Laugh Linky
Doin’ It Yourself
Suzy's House Party
Thrift Score Thursday
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Friday
Friday Redoux Link Party
Frugal Friday
Inspiration Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Free For All Friday
Rustic Restorations Weekend
Frugalicious Friday
Delicately Constructed Friday
Flaunt it Friday
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special
Get Schooled Saturday
Show and Tell Saturday

3 comments:

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

So cute!
I have a problem...I am not getting my email subscription. I tried to sign up again and it says I'm already subscribed (duh), but I am not getting them! Any ideas?
xxx, Tina

farmhouse-story said...

you know, i love the hand painted number 2, revi! great projects!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Revi, I too am a number lover. Love all of your projects. The chalkboard has such cute lines, and love that number! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
Hugs,
Jann