Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Finding Perfect Treasures (Part Deux)


As much as I love to find a great project piece
or a component for a future project, 
it is a thing of wonder to find something that
happens to be amazing just as it is.

The Italian Florentine paper mache plate above
is just such an item. I love it. I wouldn't paint a
smidgen on it. And I'm keeping it. 
It was .50c at Jack & Greg's shop.


Likewise, this large clear glass bowl
with bubbles in it is lovely.
Keeping it. It was only a buck at a garage sale.


I'm on the fence about this one. 
It is made of aluminum - pieces like this 
are from the mid 1900s. I LOVE It, but...


It may not be a good "fit" for my home. 
Even with the lovely strawberry pattern inside it...


 and the pretty scalloped edge...


and those amazing riveted handles...


not to mention the built in FROG that holds water!


As amazing as it is, I'll probably take it 
to the consignment store.

And I will definitely be taking this Bauer cookie jar there.


It is VERY cool - way cooler than me.
So it has to go. (smile)
I can only handle so much perfection around here.


Word for the Day:
Matthew 5:48
You therefore must be perfect
as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Linking With

Sunday

Sunday’s Best
Creative Bloggers Party Hop
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Sister Sunday
Thrifty Treasures
Monday

Metamorphosis Monday
Masterpiece Monday
The More the Merrier Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Tuesday

Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Cowgirl Up!
Tuesday’s Treasures
Wednesday

Share the Love Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Penny Pinching Party
What’s it Wednesday
Show Me What Ya Got
Thursday

Under $100 Link Party
Thursday Open House Party
Time Travel Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Home and Garden Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Live Laugh Linky
thrift’n on a thursday
Friday

Feathered Nest Friday
Potpourri Friday
Friday Redoux Link Party
Inspiration Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Rustic Restorations Weekend
Spread the Love
Saturday

Saturday Nite Special




9 comments:

Jen said...

The paper plate is stunning...I wouldn't change a thing about it either. It's beautiful just as it is!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Lovely finds, Revi!

That paper mache plate is so pretty!
The blues, yellows and reds...look so lovely and rich together.
Pat

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

love the Italian florentine plate!! but I am bias on this one!

farmhouse-story said...

you find the greatest things, revi:) the aluminum bowl is very interesting with the frog and curly handles. and that cookie jar is not too cool for you! funny!

Anne said...

Revi,
Great finds!Especially that Italian try.I found one too.I sold it at my space.Now I wish I would have kept it.
xx
Anne

Adorned From Above said...

I love all of your finds. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/tangerine-toner-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Sweet European Dreams said...

Wow. 50 cents is an absolute steal for Florentine! I have several pieces on the wall in our living room, and I'm hoping to grab a few more (or maybe a lot more...). Great find! -diane

Tonya said...

Fun things!!! I have gone back and forth about aluminum pieces I have found, but figured if I don't love them, I shouldn't keep them...I need the room more than the doubt. :) I love old pieces!!! (came from Rustic Restorations. :) )

Tammy said...

Wow that aluminum serving bowl is very cool! I know what you mean about things fitting in your home. I keep changing things around in my home :) Thank you for link this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend.